Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week 84 - 23 April 2012

What’s up people back home! So my interview with President Campos was pretty good. He just opened up the time for us to ask and talk about anything we wanted basically. I have to admit, it was pretty trunky hahaha. I also confirmed my date to return home on the 15th of August. President told me I have to be a leader here who helps the greenies get used to the new president when he arrives so the work can keep up it’s pace and not slow down. I think that’s one of President’s biggest concerns. I still haven’t seen a picture of the new mission president yet.

As for this week, it was tough again. I went on a division with an elder in my district. They are having a tough time in a tough area, so I went over to see how I could help. It was a super good division, and we both learned a lot. It was also fun getting to speak English again with him haha. 
This week was pretty tough for us. On Sunday morning, we left way early to get more lessons in cuz we were super low. We went to contact some referrals that some people gave us, and instead of finding the people we were looking for, we talked to their neighbors and found out that the husband was taught by the Elders about 5 years ago. They are legally married (which is so rare here), and they have a little girl. He has some disbeliefs about the religion, but he also hasn’t really searched to know the truth. We taught him quickly, but we’ll go back. They were a really good family, and I know that the Lord will help them with their lack of faith. 

This week is the last week of the transfer, and I have a feeling I might be transferred. Haha I don’t know why. But we’ll see. In these next few transfers there are gonna be tons of missionaries going home, which means there are gonna be a lot of changes in the mission. I’m excited to see how the changes turn out.

Love you guys.

Elder Andrus
Jello cake from Elder C.
Elder D. and Collin Jack the CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment