Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 73 - 6 February 2012 Our Search for Happiness

Oí gente! This week passed by in a flash. Feels like just yesterday I was here at the computer talking to you guys. All the days have been blending together lately. I don’t know if this is a good thing or bad haha.

This week we started teaching a man who has a different situation at home, but he is awesome. As we taught him the Restoration of the Gospel and the Word of Wisdom, he accepted everything and was excited for his baptism. He keeps asking us what more he needs to do to be baptized, and when he went to church with us, he liked it so much that he said he’s ready and wants to be baptized as soon as possible! He has a date for the 18th of February.

Also, this week we are going to work a lot with a girl who is the niece of a strong family in the stake here. She is timid and shy, and that’s why she didn’t like going to church so much in the past. But last night we took 3 girls and a boy to her house to visit her with us, and she adored it… loved the company and the friendships. This is really what investigators and new converts need - friends. 

Also, this week I read the book "Our Search for Happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. I started it on Wednesday and finished it on Sunday. I don’t know why I have never read it before, but it is amazing. It’s great for members of the church, as well as non-members who want to understand more about the church. As I was reading this literature on Wednesday during my study, I started feeling the Spirit so strong with me. I read an experience that Elder Ballard wrote and it really touched me. It touched me so deeply that I had the prompting to stop, go to the room, and say a pray asking for my testimony to be strengthened, for an experience that could change my life and my outlook on life. This day, I realized just how weak we all are. Sure I have a strong testimony of the church, the Priesthood, and of the Savior, but I finally realized that that isn’t sufficient. I had a thirst to not only know, but to believe and to comprehend the importance of Jesus Christ for all humanity, to increase my understanding and my love for Him, to be worthy of having an experience that could shape my life and my mission. Although it’s not easy out here, we have so much to be happy for. My testimony was surely strengthened this week and undoubtedly increased to a level higher than I have already had. 

I love you all and thank you for your support.

Elder Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment