Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 58 - 24 October 2011 Salinas

Hey ya´ll,
  
This week we had the opportunity to go to Salinas, finally, and I did 2 interviews there. The plan is that we’ll have 3 baptisms from there this Sunday here in Capanema...at least that’s what the plan is haha. But, was it pretty over there. It made me miss the beach so much! Since we’re not allowed to go on the beach, we went to a nice spot on a dock over there and took some pictures and all. Man it was super tranquilo there and relaxing. Loved it. I can’t wait to be able to go to the beach when I get back home haha.

This week we also had a baptism of a boy we’ve been teaching for a little while.  He’s 12 years old, and he has been a really good investigator. He’s a referral from a member here, and the member was so happy to actually see an acquaintance of hers get baptized into the church. His family isn’t like toooo interested in the church, but they support him. And his mom actually went to the baptismal service to watch it and everything!  She really enjoyed it too. So that was a cool experience. Now he will be ordained a deacon and receive the priesthood and everything in these up coming weeks.

As for the weather here, it has been like super, super hot lately cuz I guess it’s during the hot season here. So it has been about 2 months since it rained last. But this week, I think on Wednesday, it rained ALL DAY here. Haha and since we have to walk everywhere, it was tough to work. But the rain seemed to have passed by cuz today it’s burning like always. Haha  I think Wednesday was only the second or third time I have actually felt cold since I’ve been here hahah.

Well, that’s about it. Thanks for starting up and doing the stuff online to apply for BYU. I’ll make sure to do the other stuff too so we can get it in before the deadline.

Tchau! Amo vocês!

Élder Andrus

Baptism 10-22-11
T-shirt from YW for my birthday 10-17-11





On the way to Salinas 
Palm trees in Salinas



Cool beach spot in Salinas


 

My companion and me in Salinas 10-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment