Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 54 - 26 September 2011 Got Two Packages!

Hey Fam!

How are you guys doing? This week for us was a really good week. We didn’t have a baptism and didn’t get to go to Salinas like I said in the last letter, but it was still a great week. The baptisms in Salinas were pushed back to this week, so now the plan is that we’ll go there this week and baptize them this week. I’m not sure how it will work out completely with General Conference, but we’ll make it all work out.

We had 4 more people with baptism dates for this week too, but they all fell through. But they are all great investigators, the only thing that is holding them back in the attendance at church.  It’s super hard to get people to go to church with us here. I’m getting pretty used to let downs. But when someone actually goes to church with us, it shows us that they really do have a desire to learn more.

Oh, and I got 2 of the packages you guys sent! The ones you sent for my birthday :) I loved them. They made it in time for my birthday so that made me happy! I love the sunflower seeds and the Oreo´s haha. And especially the Goldfish :) Adorei! I’ll take it to the next district meeting to share with the other Americans that are craving more American food haha.

Sorry this email is super small, but it’s raining pretty hard here and my time is running short. But I’m loving it here.  I’m loving being a District Leader and being able to help out my district to help out the zone here in Castanhal.  I’m feeling really comfortable with the language lately too, and the work is going really well here in Capanema.  I’m gonna miss this place when I get transferred...

But I love you guys and have a good week!!!

Élder Andrus


Service project last week


No comments:

Post a Comment