Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 57 - 18 October 2011 Happy Birthday

Hey everyone!

So sorry I couldn’t get online on Monday like normal, but I got called late Sunday night and got told I had to go to Belém real early in the morning to renew my visa at the police station. So we woke up at 4:30, headed over to Belém, and didn’t get home until super late. So yeah we didn’t even get a p-day, but Presidente is letting us use the internet today real quick. So yeah, but no worries, everything is all set and stuff with the visa.

But before I move on, I need to make a real special shout out to the WORLD`S BEST MOM and wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Woohoo! We’re both one year older mommy! haha. It’s weird being 21...I still feel like I’m 18 or something. haha.

But as for this week, we had a baptism marked for this past Saturday and everything was super ready, but then when we went to interview him, no one was home and we couldn’t get a hold of him for the whole day. Finally his mom answered the phone, and we found out that a relative had passed away and they had to travel to Bragança. So his baptism got pushed back to this coming Saturday. It was sad cuz we had everything planned already. But that’s okay. He’s still excited and everything!

Oh and this past week was soooo exhausting. I’m like a mess haha. We haven’t had a normal day for over a week. Every single day last week we had to wake up super early to go to Castanhal to have a meeting with our district and do a special training. Including this and the other trips we’ve made, I’m super tired and am lacking sleep haha. But I’m excited for tomorrow cuz it’ll actually be a normal day here in Capanema.

Also, today we had a zone meeting with Presidente Campos in Castanhal. It was really good.  He really knows how to put some sense into missionaries hahah. But yeah I talked to him about some things like applying for BYU and other things, and I’ll start that stuff up this next p-day so we can get everything ready okay?

I’m real short on time today so I have to go.  But as for my birthday, I spent the whole day in Belém.  When we got back late at night, the members threw me a little party and everything with cake and food and everything, so it was really cool. I think there were about 25 people or so there. Haha  It was a nice way to end a long and tiresome day.

Well, that’s about it. Love ya´ll! Tchau!

Élder Andrus

My birthday party with companion and investigator

 
                     Learning capoeira moves                                      Bull's foot turned into a bottle

Yummy birthday cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment