Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 51 - 5 September 2011 Traveling this Week

Hey ya´ll!

So my new companion is Elder Pereira, and he’s from the state of São Paulo.  He’s pretty cool, and we seem to be getting along well too, so that’s good.  I’m glad I haven’t gotten a bad comp yet haha.  Let’s just hope it stays that way huh haha. 

So last week for the transfer, I had to take Elder Farias to Castanhal for him to go to Belém, but I stayed in Castanhal with another Elder waiting for our comps.  We woke up and everything normal, and they said they’d get back around noon, but ended up staying there waiting for them until 6 oclock! haha.  It was weird not having anything to do and to just wait for like the whole day.  But then we headed to Capanema that same night and got there around 9.  Then on Wednesday, I had to head to Belém for a leadership meeting we had on Thursday with President Campos.  It was for the leaders of the mish and was extremely edifying.  Then we headed back to Castanhal that night, slept there, then headed back to Capanema.  Then on Saturday, we had to travel to Castanhal again for me to interview a young woman that was being baptized.  It was really cool to be able to do my first baptismal interview.  But then, we headed back to Capanema again and got there at about 8 at night.  Yeah this week was jam packed of trips from here to there, so it was tough to actually do work in our area.  But on Sunday we worked a lot and received 3 references too, one of which will be baptized this next week.  We’re also starting to plan more our trip to the beach city, Salinas, and to bring all the investigators from there to here to be baptized.  I’m super excited to be able to do that.  I can’t wait.  Hopefully we’ll  be able to do that this next coming week.

Besides this, there are a lot more things to do as a district leader here.  But I’m liking it a lot.  The sisters in my district are really cool and don’t cause any problems, and they work hard, so I’m surely grateful for that.  But I like the work as a district leader.  It keeps me a lot more focused on the work than on other things.  Also it gives me a lot more responsibility in the companionship and the zone.

Well, that’s about it, I think…I hope I’m not forgetting anything.

Love you guys!  Can’t wait for the packages!

Élder Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment