Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 6 - 26 October 2010


Hey everyone! So today at the temple was really cool because Elder Evans, Christian, and I got to do baptisms. It was really cool because it was my first time doing baptisms and it was in Portuguese. I really enjoyed it and it made my whole day better!

So last Friday was the day we went proselyting and it was really fun. We just walked around the CTM and the area of Casa Verde. We ended up giving out 9 Books of Mormon! It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be and it got easier after we handed some out. We gave one Book of Mormon to these 6 workers sitting at a park bench during break. They looked pretty tough but we decided to go talk to them anyways. They ended up being pretty cool and telling us they´d read it. Another guy we talked to was walking without a shirt on and smoking. When we headed over to talk to him he put on the shirt he was holding in his hand and threw his cigarette down. He was actually really nice too. It was nice to see how he respected us and the Lord’s work by noticing he was doing wrong things and he recognized we were servants of the Lord. We also talked to this guy who was just sitting on a cardboard box. He talked to us forever and talked really fast, but we understood most of it. He said he loves the work we do and has read the Book of Mormon. Then he took us to some lady´s house that he thought would want a Book of Mormon. It was really cool and he was super nice.

This week we had some really good lessons on personal revelation and the importance of it. I also feel like I was really humbled this week. The work seems to be getting harder because there seems to be more I have to do, but I also feel like I am able to do it all because the Lord is helping me a lot. One quote that Irmao Zamboni shared with us is from Neil R. Anderson from a CES fireside. He said ``You can count the number of seeds in an apple, but you can´t count the number of apples in a seed´´. The people here are teaching us well on how to be able to plant our seeds in others and bring them to the gospel.

So you know the phone charger for my phone that I gave to Mom? Well it has a converter from USB to plug into the wall outlet. And I noticed the charger for my mp3 here is only a USB and we don´t have computers where I can charge it. It would be great if you guys could find a converter so I can charge it from a wall outlet like Mom´s phone. That would be great.

So I met a Brazilian elder here named Elder de Jesus and he looks just like Elder Smith from our ward haha. He´s shorter but his face does. It´s funny. He´s really cool too and speaks some English. You guys mentioned that Ethan got his call to the Sao Paulo Sul mission. 
That´s sweet. He´s gonna love it. That´s where both of my teachers served and that´s where Kyle Hodges is right now. It would be great if I could get his address or email or something. I love you guys and thanks for all the support.

Com Amor Muito   
-Elder Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment