Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 63 - 28 November 2011 Cabanagem Ward

Hey there pessoal!

So this week, as you know I’m in my new area, Cabanagem, which actually covers some blocks in the neighboring city of Belém, called Ananindeua. It´s right next to the area where I have already worked in Independência, so I already know a little of the area.

I’m the District Leader here still, and I take care of my area and the areas of Entroncamento and Maguari. Being with six elders instead of sisters, I think this is gonna be a little more work than I had while I was in Capanema haha.

Anyway, this week we went to teach a less active family that was returning to the church. They have a son with 11 years old who hasn’t been baptized yet, so we went there, taught them and their son, and prepared him to be baptized on Sunday after church. So after sacrament meeting, the ward got together and prepared the service and everything turned out great! He’s a cool little kid, and Elder R. baptized him.

So the ward here is really cool.  I like it a lot. There is a sweet new chapel here that is super nice. I was really astonished on Sunday because I’m so used to the tiny house we have in Capanema! haha  I was almost frightened with how nice it was haha. We have our meetings at 3:30 in the afternoon, which is super late, but it’s the best time for everyone here to be able to make it.

The house here in Cabanagem is super small and not that nice...but it’ll work haha. Capanema was a lot better, but we’ll clean this place up for Christmas and decorate it all nice for the holidays.

Love you guys! Have a good week!

Élder Andrus


Last lunch in Capanema


Zone Conference - zone Castanhal


Baptism 11-27-11



No comments:

Post a Comment