Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 18 - 17 January 2011


Oí Família!

Como está todo mundo?  I don’t really have too much to write about this week.  It was just another week here haha.  We didn’t have too much success, but we have 2 good investigators that will hopefully be ready for baptism this coming Saturday, and the one
following. 

We had a district meeting this week in Repartimento with the sisters, Sister Beery and Sister Davis.  They made brownies :) hahe  We always get a special treat. We have our district meeting in the town, Repartimento, because it’s about in the middle between Oriximiná and Ôbidus.  So we have to take a 1 and a half hour bus ride there.  And usually it’s a decent bus, but this time we had a really, really old one... so we had to go the whole way standing haha. 

Everyone up here in Northern Brasil sleeps in a hammock.  So this week I decided to try and be more like a Brazilian and start sleeping in a hammock!  It definitely takes some getting used to, but I think it’s cool.  My back sure was suffering this week because of it, but I’m already starting to get used to it.  I don’t have one for myself yet, but there is a young woman in our ward that makes and customizes hammocks.  I made a design and everything, and she’s gonna start making a hammock for both Elder Costa and I.  It’ll probably be a while until she’s done, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be super sweet.

Oh, and the other day, I reached Mosiah in the Book of Mormon in Portuguese!  I think it was President Hinckley who gave us a promise that if we read the Book of Mormon in a different language, that we will be fluent and able to speak it.  So I have a plan to finish it within a few months. 

Sorry this email wasn’t too long and detailed, but not too much really happened this week!  The ward here seems to be getting better, and we have a new missionary ward leader who is a returned missionary.  So I think things are getting better in that aspect.

Love you all dearly!  Obrigado por tudo e tenham um bom dia hoje!

Com Amor do Amazonas,
Élder Andrus

Pretty pic from district meeting

Yeah those are all bugs..haha

This is açai! It´s from a fruit here in the Amazon. We don´t have much
of it here in Orixi but people in Belem have tons. It´s odd...haha you
have to put like 3 spoons full of sugar in one glass to make it taste
good. Haha.

Sister Davis, Sister Beery, Elder Costa, and me

King of the Amazon!

Elder Costa e eu

No comments:

Post a Comment