Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 91 - 11 June 2012 Going to Barcarena

Olá! A lot of things happened this week. My other companion decided to go home early. He went home last Friday. It actually took a lot of time away from proselyting cuz we had to go to the mission office twice through the week. Then we had to work out the problem about with whom I would stay until the end of the transfer... haha. But anyway, Elder V. is my new comp. Actually, we’ll only be together until tomorrow cuz we were both transferred! I was transferred to a place called Vila dos Cabanos in a city called Barcarena, and my new companion will be Elder W. - my first (and last) American companion! Haha. This will definitely be my last area and my last comp...wow  That’s weird to think about.  I’ve heard that Vila dos Cabanos is really cool. There are a lot of rivers and stuff, and we take a boat to get there! There is also the biggest chapel in this region. I've heard it's 3 stories high. I’m excited to see it.

So I don’t know if you guys heard, but the Manaus Temple was dedicated on Sunday! We were able to watch the dedication and the ceremonies and everything! It was a really cool experience. President Uchtdorf was delegated to go with Elder Cook. Also the Celebration was pretty fun to watch on Saturday night.

Well, there was a lot of stress this week, but hopefully this next week will be better. Also, a sister here lost my camera with my memory card yesterday, so I don’t have many pics to send. But I have a few from the goodbyes to the people we’re teaching here.

Love you guys!

Élder Andrus





No comments:

Post a Comment