Saturday, November 13, 2010

Week 8 - 9 November 2010


It’s my last p-day at the CTM!  Before I know it I’ll be up in the Amazon!  I’m crazy excited.  

So this week another great group of elders left, and I gave one of them my watch. So I  bought a new one from a lady down the street, and it’s pretty sweet.  It’s a white Nike watch.  I like it better than my other one haha.  So we got to go proselyting in downtown central São Paulo last Friday - it was way cool.  There were so many people, it was crazy. I think São Paulo is the 3rd largest city or something, and I can definitely see it because it was packed.  We were given 6 Books of Mormon to hand out, and we handed out all of them.  Some people actually came up to us and wanted it.  It was really cool but also so different from just around the CTM. Haha  Also, Elder Cook and I almost got hit by a motorcycle!  It was scary!  But it probably wasn’t as close as it felt, but it sure scared us both.  People just drive wherever they want here, and you really have to watch out.  Don’t worry though I’ll be safer next time haha.  Also you remember that CTR ring that doesn’t fit me anymore?  There is a Brazilian elder here named Elder de Lima, and he’s super cool.  His mom died a couple years ago, and his dad told him that if he went on a mission he would leave him, and yet he still made the decision to serve the Lord.  He’s amazing and he was leaving to the field today, so I gave him my ring.  He gave my a pin of the Recife Temple because that’s where he’s from.  So I’ll wear that on my suit jacket now.

Also about Brother Clark that works at the São Paulo temple - I talked to him today at the temple.  It’s crazy how small the world is!  He used to be the bishop of the Hylabos Ward I think he said, and he knows tons of people that I know, like the Swansons.  He told me he lived near Illahee and is pretty close with the Grotefend family too.  Too bad I’m leaving so soon because we could have talked a little more.  I’m not sure if you guys remember him as Bishop Clark, but he told me to tell you guys hi for him.  I’ve never met him before the temple here, but he’s really cool.

Also, today for lunch my district went to a Churrascaria here near the CTM (a churrasco is a barbeque).  It was so good!  It was exactly like Tocanos the all-you-can eat Brazilian Grill place in Utah, but this was legit Brazilian meat. Haha  It was so good and only about 15 reais, which is probably about 10 dollars.  For all the meat they give you it was definitely a good deal.  

Thanks for all the support and next time I’ll be in the Amazon!  Love you all so much.

-Elder Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment